- The tank is fabricated by a 5mm MS sheet and is coated by 50mm glass wool to prevent heat loss.
- The outer covering is galvanized as it has a long life due to its anti-corrosion properties.
- Manhole for maintenance or to fill the bitumen tank is of 1600 Height.
- Manual and electronic temperature gauge is provided for temperature display up to 300 Degrees Celsius.
- Electronic temperature gauge is given at the
- drivers cabin.
- A ladder and platorm is provided for ease of access to the top.
- A cock is given so that the full bitumen tank can be drained out when required.
Engine is Single stage twin cylinder air cooled diesel engine of 25HP at 2000 RPM “KIRLOSKAR” Engine HA 294.
Bitumen pump and air compressor are engine driven. Fuel consumption is 3.4 liters per hour.
Single high pressure oil burner (Diesel compatible) for adequate heating of viscose binder is provided.
Burner does the task of heating bitumen tank. Tank burner of capacity 43000 or 100000 cal is provided, depending on the sprayer capacity 26000 cal is for manually cleaning the pipelines.
This burner will be useful to facilitate quick start up of the sprayer in extreme cold.
There are two fuels storage tanks provided with the sprayer.
One is of 100 liters for burner and for engine, fuel storage is of 50 liters.
Bitumen Pump and Air Compressor
Bitumen pump and air compressor are engine driven.
Bitumen pump is connected to the engine by a heavy duty clutch.
Just engaging the clutch will activate the pump.
Bitumen pump gear type 380 to 450 Liters per minute with relief valve is provided.
Double cylinder 3HP driven by v-belt through engine.
Discharge pressure is 150 PSIG, with piston displacement of 11.25 / 8.70-CFM / FAD @1000RPM.
Return line in spray is designed in such a way that you can set and adjust the spray bar pressure from the gland cock.
The gland cock can be adjusted in a way to fasten the heating process during starting up the machine.
Bitumen Transfer Line
Bitumen can be filled in the bitumen tank through a bitumen transfer line.
Filing of bitumen will be easy and by the same pump which as provided with the sprayer.
No extra pump is required.
- The standard spray bar is folding type fitted with pressure gauge regulating valve etc.
- Standard width of the spray bar is from 2.4 meters to 4.2 meters which can be extended to up to 6.0 meters.
- Spray bar does adjustment of width by closing nozzles.
- Adjustment of spray bar height is mechanical.
- Pre-heating of spray is by full circulation of preheated bitumen.
- Spraying pressure can be adjusted from 0-6bar. One hand spray pipes SS Corrugated of length 5 meters is provided.
- Cleaning is by air pressure and by diesel.
- Rate of spray application: 0.3-1.0 kg per sq meters.
- Calibration chart is provided of the operator’s platform.
A pneumatic hand lever valve is provided near the operator’s seat. This is important to open
and close the spray nozzles.
A cleaning system is provided with the sprayer near the bitumen pump.
At the end of the day bitumen flow has to be off and the entire spray line and spray bar can be cleaned by using air pressure and diesel.
With SAPE’s policy of constant upgradation of products, specifications are subject to change without prior notice. Accessories shown are optional and are not part of the standard supply.